The purpose of Imagine Invercargill is to provide a platform for the exchange of ideas and a venue for enabling discussion. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions – users are expected to be courteous when disagreeing with others.
In order to maintain an environment where everyone is welcomed and feels comfortable submitting, the following guidelines are in place:
- Think positively about your participation – this is an opportunity to make a constructive contribution to a project.
- It is not an opportunity to voice concerns you may have with Council, Council staff or elected members. (If you have a concern please direct this to the Chief Executive).
- Respect the views of other people – do not be rude or dismissive of comments. Keep comments focused on the topic rather than engaging in personal attacks.
- It is okay to disagree, but do so in a way that is respectful and explains why you disagree.
- Be informed – read the content and comments before providing feedback. This will contribute to the debate and discussion.
- Do not post personal information about any users on this site or ‘name and shame’ Council staff, or elected members. Do not post addresses, contact numbers or other information that is not appropriate nor conducive to discussion.
- Do not use offensive language including profanity or comments defamatory to a persons character.
- Do not make comments that are discriminatory in any nature.
- Do not post links that are advertising.
- Spam comments will be removed.
All comments and submissions will only be posted once approved by moderators.
If you would like to discuss why a comment or submission has not been approved please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Persistent failure to comply with this Policy will result in the Imagine Invercargill account being deleted for that user.